question

jackb avatar image
jackb asked

Parallel Multiplus 12/2000 and Multiplus ii 48/5000 for ESS in Australia

As per the title, is it possible to run a 12/2000 Multi and a 48/5000 Multi ii in parallel for an ESS?

Back story, I am based in Australia and have a caravan with 7.2kWh of 12v battery, a Cerbo GX, MPPT, 760w of solar and a Multi 12/2000. It is sitting dormant 90% of the time in my driveway, and shortly we will be setting up a 48v 5000 Multi ii, Cerbo GX and 16kWh of battery on our house (single phase).

Neither of these batteries are managed via GX, and use a smartshunt in both applications

Wondering if it is possible to tie the two together, and utilise the power in the caravan as part of our ESS when it is parked up at home (We have AC PV on the house, which will be utilised to charge the 16kWh of house batteries before the excess is exported, and then utilise battery at night until they are drained).

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

No not possible they need to be the same power rating and model and firmware etc.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

You can definitely have the 2 systems run as 2 stand alone systems. It is easy to get the caravan to export once it's battery is full, getting to use the battery will be a little harder.

Just make sure that the Caravan is connected directly to the grid and not through the Multiplus but after the Victron grid meter.

If you are fairly technical, you can program the Caravan cerbo to pull in the meter data but takes a little setup. I can share more details on how this is done.

2 |3000