question

elbarjo avatar image
elbarjo asked

BYD LVL 15.4 with Quattro 48/10000 : High tension detected & SOC erratic

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the quality of my english.

For our horse school, we have 3x Quattro 10000 / 1 SMA 25.000 and 2x BYD LVL 15.4 (Normally should be 3, but we limit the Quattro to keep the DC flow below the limit fot 2 BYD).

During one year, the same installation was running with only 1 BYD with no issue. Yes only one (we have limited the SMA to 18 Kw to have a charge current below the capacity of the BYD battery (even I think the CGX use an algorithm to increase the frequency to keep the charge current below the limit authorized by the BYD BMU.

Since few days, we have the 2 BYD connected (The second one was connected with the same SOC than the other one).

I have 2 small issues :

1) When the charge is reached 85 %, the CGX show 85/95 % (alternatively) in the Quattro page but in the BYD page, the state of charge showing is 85 %.

2) At 99 % of SOC, I can receive a "high level tension alarm" in the CGX. This kind of alarm never appear with one BYD LVL running. The number of alarm decrease every day. Should be in relation with some cells ?

All firmware are up to date (BYD, CGX, 3 x Quattro and SMA).

Have a nice evening everybody !

Best regards from Mallorca,

Julien

BYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image
Vangelis Beligiannis answered ·

Hi. Since the alarms are become less day by day, i think it is a matter of balance between the cells. The new ones with the old ones.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elbarjo avatar image
elbarjo answered ·

Hi Vangelis,

Thank you for your answer. I will wait a couple of days and see...

Any idea about the difference between the SOC of BYD on his page and the page of Quattro ?

Regards,

Julien

2 |3000

Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image
Vangelis Beligiannis answered ·

I could only think that the Quattro page shows its internal battery monitor SOC that is totally wrong and different from the BYD BMS SOC.

Check the GX Settings to see which battery monitor is selected.

2 |3000