question

evgin78 avatar image
evgin78 asked

2 x Multiplus II per phase in Australia (not Split, Parallel or 3 Phase configuration)

Hi everyone! Need help!

My current setup Multiplus II 48/5000/70 with CT sensor - Cerbo GX and 320ah 14S managed by Batrium BMS (talks via VE can) runs ESS on 1st phase.

Everything being running good, so I decided to add one more inverter on second phase. (Not in parallel, 3 phase or split phase (I'm in Australia 240V per phase here already).

It appears I can't setup second inverter in ESS unless I add second GX servo as well. As soon I daisy chain VE Bus I get error. Running "quick VE config" only gives me parallels, split, 3 phase options.

For my application I only need ESS to run on 2 phases - can't run 3 phase setup. (3rd phase managed by other system already).

Running 2 independent Cerbo GX with MP II would work but than I'll have issue with BMS or have to use another battery with separate BMS ? I assume I can't split one VE Can to talk to 2 separate GXs

Any info would be great! Maybe I'm missing something or there is another way around it?

Thank you

Eugene

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
evgin78 avatar image
evgin78 answered ·

Hi everyone!

I think I may found the answer myself. In Australia grid is 3 phase 240V at 120 degree . So I've tried to configure 2 x multiplus II in split phase 120 degree configuration and I think it works.

Anyway would like to hear your comments. Thank you

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
RTFM?.....
0 Likes 0 ·
basil katakuzinos avatar image basil katakuzinos commented ·

Please watch the videos on victron professional, i am worried your understanding of AC electricity is quite lacking and you may end up hurting yourself!

You can also watch some of the engeneering mind set vides!

(157) How Three Phase Electricity works - The basics explained - YouTube

but yes, you are correct you have now set it up correctly!

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert Boerescu avatar image Robert Boerescu commented ·
@evgin78 Did you manage to make it work ok with ESS? I got my second mp2 and I want to do a similar setup.
0 Likes 0 ·