question

ibrahim-1 avatar image
ibrahim-1 asked

PYLONTECH us3000c connection multiple banks

Hi pylontech team i am facing issue in connecting us3000c batteries with lv hub . us3000 were good but 3000c is getting to a point where we cannot connect them all one bank works fine but when we connect multiple bank them it fails.

i need to connect 40 batteries but when i connect to lv hub they gives alarm .

also some time they do 3 beep and some time they don't .but they give red alarm on lv hum

i need dip switch setting and also i need to have step by step guide .

i cant find any manual that shows dip switch setting with lv hub

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
basil katakuzinos avatar image
basil katakuzinos answered ·

I am guessing you have 8 US3000C per bank?

Okay so each banks master needs to have the following ADD Switch settings

Bank 1 Master: 0100

Bank 2 Master: 0010

Bank 3 Master: 0110

Bank 4 Master: 0001

Bank 5 Master: 0101

Baud rate of 115200

the ADD dip switches for every other battery (All of the slaves) should be down.

On the LV HUB connect the COM Port to the CAN IN port.

Connect the power supply to the LV Hub

Connect each battery group one by one and turn them on one by one checking for errors.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

basil katakuzinos avatar image basil katakuzinos commented ·
All dip switches on the hub should be down.
0 Likes 0 ·
ibrahim-1 avatar image ibrahim-1 commented ·
Hi Basil thankyou for the reply.

i tried that it works for us3000 but it wont work with 3000c one more thing to add us3000c can be 16 in one bank which worked well aswell but when one or more banks are connected to lv hu it comes with red light

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

This is a Victron community not Pylontech.

But here is a Pylontech support guy in the community, maybe he can help.

@Ned Yu (Pylontech)

2 |3000

ibrahim-1 avatar image
ibrahim-1 answered ·

@Ned Yu (Pylontech)

i am facing issue in connecting us3000c batteries with lv hub . us3000 were good but 3000c is getting to a point where we cannot connect them all one bank works fine but when we connect multiple bank them it fails.

i need to connect 40 batteries but when i connect to lv hub they gives alarm .

also some time they do 3 beep and some time they don't .but they give red alarm on lv hum

i need dip switch setting and also i need to have step by step guide .

i cant find any manual that shows dip switch setting with lv hub

2 comments
2 |3000

Ned Yu (Pylontech) avatar image Ned Yu (Pylontech) commented ·

LV-Hub Communication HUB Product Manual (V2.2) 20210301.pdf

@IBRAHIM Hi. Ibrahim. US-C version using different connections typology. Please refer to this latest LV_HUB manual Page 7. (3.3 Section.)

If you have any further questions, please drop an email to "service@pylontech.com.cn". Our technical team will also assist you to set up the system.

Best Regards

Ned

0 Likes 0 ·
ibrahim-1 avatar image ibrahim-1 Ned Yu (Pylontech) commented ·
hi @Ned Yu (Pylontech)

yes i tried that but it does not beep 3 time some it does and some time it does not.

also on dip switch i do understand 0 and 1 but what does x means

can you provide me detail for 6 bank dip switch

0 Likes 0 ·
Ned Yu (Pylontech) avatar image
Ned Yu (Pylontech) answered ·
X means 0, Before you turn on the battery modules. You need to make sure all the dip switch is on 0 position and connect the communication cables between master battery of each group. (The cable between Lv-HUB and #1 Master battery connected later)

1633316615387.png

After all batteries running and buzzer of master battery in group1 rings 3 times. Means all groups are online.
Then Only change the dip switch of master battery in group1 to 0100.
Connect communication cable between LV-HUB and master battery in group 1.
Turn ON LV-HUB. Detailed information please refer to manual of LV-HUB.

1633316615387.png (1.2 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Ned Yu (Pylontech) avatar image Ned Yu (Pylontech) commented ·

BTW, The dip switch of US3000C version is physically reverse.

Below means 0000

1633316918656.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1633316918656.png (144.6 KiB)
rafal-grzech avatar image
rafal-grzech answered ·

Hello Victron community!

This is my first post here, as I'm finishing my first Victron+Pylontech installtion at my home. The setup is 3 Victron Multiplus II + 12 Pylontech US3000C + LV-HUB. I tried everything, read all suggestions in this forum, tried hundreds of combinations, but still got the same effect - LV-HUB doesn't communicate with US3000C batteries. After LV-HUB switching on (and performing all the required connections and batteries configurations before of course) I can hear one beep and later status led is flashing in red, no other signs... No matter of combination, order of steps, cables types etc, the effect is always the same. I'm clueless.

When creating just one group of 12 batteries and connecting it directly with Color GX, bypassing LV-HUB, it works fine, but trying to use LV-HUB give me only frustration.

I've read that some folks did LV-HUB firmware upgrade, but I cannot find tools/firmware files for that. Any help would be much appreciated!

Best regards,

Rafal Grzech

3 comments
2 |3000

klandos avatar image klandos commented ·

why do you want to use the Hub at all?

For 12x 3000c it’s not required.

0 Likes 0 ·
rafal-grzech avatar image rafal-grzech klandos commented ·
Hi, for future extension
0 Likes 0 ·
mariusv avatar image mariusv klandos commented ·

heya, for 12 US3000C you don't need the LV-Hub? Do you have by any chance a schema or a picture with 12 batteries connected?

0 Likes 0 ·