question

rshaules avatar image
rshaules asked

VRM Remote Console not working via VRM app or website

Hi everyone,

I just recently installed Cerbo GX with the latest firmware (v2.61).

I've connected up my Victron gear via VE direct cables (SmartShunt, SmartSolar and Inverter).

I can log into my VRM account on my computer and use the VRM app on my iPhone, however neither my computer VRM or VRM app allow access to the remote console. I see a screen that says "remote console connecting..." and then after several minutes I get a "cannot connect" error.

I tried to follow the troubleshooting page but the links have moved. Seems a bit buggy which is a surprise for Victron...

remote console
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
the latest Fw .2.73

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
rshaules avatar image
rshaules answered ·

PROBLEM SOLVED:

Bought a new internet dongle (Huawei E3372) and plugged this into the Cerbo directly and problem solved! Looks like the old wifi modem was creating issues.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Philip avatar image Philip commented ·

What version of E3372 do you have ?

I have E3372s-153 with Mobile Partner app to make the connection, will it work ? Is you version the "hilink" ?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Have you logged onto the GX, gone to settings -> VRM online portal, and enabled 2-way communications?

2 |3000

rshaules avatar image
rshaules answered ·

Hi there and thank you so much for your reply.

I've searched high and low and can't find that setting when I log into the GX via the Victron connect app. Here is what options I see under settings:

General, tags, set location, set geofence, users, alarm rules.

Weird bug- when I hit "general", it takes me to a youtube clip, "did you know- move arm data from old GX device to a new one". Strange...

2 |3000

rshaules avatar image
rshaules answered ·

Update:

I was able to locate the "enable 2 way communications" but issue still remains.

I can access the remote console when my phone is connected to the same wifi connection as the Cerbo GX, but if I don't connect my phone to WIFI and only use cellular 4g (which is what I'll be using on the road), it fails to connect.

Why am I able to use the remote console when on the same wifi network as Cerbo but not when disconnected from wifi on my phone (via VRM app on iPhone)?

Thanks for your help!

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Have you enabled remote console in VRM?

1632049040924.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1632049040924.png (28.6 KiB)
rshaules avatar image
rshaules answered ·

Sorry to be a pest, this is driving me nuts. Hoping someone can help...

Still the same issue, even with newest firmware.

2 comments
2 |3000

jfleissner avatar image jfleissner commented ·
Hi!

I had that in the past. Remove all related cookies and browser cache on the devices you use. In my case only one out of my 5 installations was always giving me an error to connect to the remote console. After cleaning up it went just fine. Took me weeks...

Johannes

0 Likes 0 ·
rshaules avatar image rshaules jfleissner commented ·

Thanks so much for your reply Johannes- really appreciate that.

I've done that but still getting the same error. Tried on my iPhone, on my MacBook, using different browsers, but still no go. The only way I can get remote console to operate is being on the same wireless network as the Cerbo. I'll be on the road and that won't be an option hence trying to get this sorted asap.

0 Likes 0 ·
rshaules avatar image
rshaules answered ·

Hello everyone,

Still seeking help here. Frustrating I can't call Victron directly and get some help here. I know there is great warranty with Victron products, but the customer service doesn't seem to exist. Appreciate some help here...

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic