question

Dosheimer avatar image
Dosheimer asked

AES disable via NodeRed?

Hi!
I would like to disable the AES of my Multiplus 12/3000/50 via NodeRed in case a certain condition is true.
But so far I am not able to find the setting for AES in the Victron devices in NodeRed on my VictronOS installation (Raspi4).
Maybe someone knows something?

aes
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

There is a work around using a relay to trigger the AUX inputs of the Multiplus. You can use the AUX input to set the general flag using an assistant and then use the general flag to turn on and off AES.

But currently no software option is available as mvader said.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dosheimer avatar image Dosheimer commented ·

That sounds great. At my Multi I am already using T-Sense and Aux1 for BMS load and charge disconnect, so therefore maybe I could use Aux2 for that. As far as I understand I can use the assistant of VEConfigure3 to be set i.e. via MK3 USB. I will have a look into that! Which voltage range is defined to trigger the input on the multi?

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake Dosheimer commented ·
Correct, so you set it up via VEConfigure. You just short the AUX + and - together with a relay or switch. It is 5V and you can drive the + to Gnd but I prefer to use relays.
0 Likes 0 ·
Dosheimer avatar image Dosheimer shaneyake commented ·

Sorry for coming back to this topic again, maybe you or someone else can help me again: As the power consumption of the Multi is quite significant within 24h on a sailboat (even being in 10W energy saving AES search mode = 18,75A/24h at 12V) I just ordered a 200/200A GX remote control to usually shut down the inverter completely when being out on ocean and to only switch it on from the pantry by the remote control when needed.

Is there a way to generally switch on/off the inverter (not AES) also by using a relay of the multi? I was in the configure3 assistant, but was not successful in finding how to program a relay port accordingly. Because then my existing system could automatically start the inverter in a certain condition (SOC > 95% and PV voltage > 20V) to make hot water at the boiler for 10 minutes (and then loop)....

Update: I just found a "H - Connector for Remote Switch" in the manual of the Multi (12/3000/50). Maybe I simply need to insert a relay between the left and mittle terminal to switch on/off the inverter via the relay?

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake Dosheimer commented ·
Correct, you can remotely turn on and off the multi using the remote terminal.
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, Venus OS doesn't do settings on products; only control. And (thus) same for MQTT and node-red, sorry.

1 comment
2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
Any chance would get the option to set General flag via VE.Bus? This could then tigger Assistants to do things like disable AES. Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic