question

mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy asked

Node-RED victron nodes bug report

The node "VE Bus System", system "multiplus-II" chosen.

The measurement "Battery current" do not show positive charging current, only negative current pulled from batteries. While charging, msg.payload is strictly 0. I don't know if this is intentional, but it is in my view not logical. No big deal, I can calculate what I need from other input and output measurements of the multi, just wanted to report this if it is indeed a bug.

Love your work.

Node-REDmultiplus ve.busbug report
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

I am currently unable to reproduce this behavior. I do see positive charging current with a MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 and Battery Current (A). I am running the 2.73~1 release and connect Node-RED via dbus over TCP, but that should not make a difference.2021-08-30-15-38-43.png

Can you provide some more information on which version you are seeing this behavior? From within the Venus OS gui, do you see positive values of "DC Current"? Underneath the hood, both values come from the dbus. The command

dbus -y $(dbus -y |grep vebus) /Dc/0/Current GetValue

shows the current value.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy answered ·

Ehm, ok so now when I went ahead to reproduce it myself, suddenly I see the positive current *scratches head intensely* I fiddled around with it for an hour to try to find ways around it. Must have been either specific conditions met or the bug is in my lack of skills :). I'll check again if I can reproduce it when I have more time for it. Sorry for having potentially wasted your time.

1 comment
2 |3000

Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·
No problem. I am glad you it works for you now.
0 Likes 0 ·