Idea

Sarah avatar image
Sarah suggested

Orion Smart inbuilt charge timer

I would like to use an Orion Smart charger to periodically supply a top up charge to my Optima engine batteries from the solar connected lithium house battery bank on my boat. It would be great if the Orions could be configured with an internal timer to regulate this function - for example supply a fifteen minute charge once a fortnight. Alternatively it would be nice if you could configure a timer controlled relay on the Cerbo that could also provide this function via the Orion remote port.

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Comment

prein avatar image
prein commented

Doing exactly this with the relays on the cerbo using node-red using the orion charge-enable port. So is already possible with the large image.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sarah avatar image Sarah commented ·

Thanks @Prein for the update I had not thought of using Node-Red to control the Cerbo relay. I am already using the large image for SignalK so will have a look. Still it would be nice if this was a standard Venus OS menu config setting that could be configured using the standard image.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah avatar image Sarah Sarah commented ·

I have had a play with Node-Red and decided it may be easiest to use the generator auto-start function to do this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas