Idea

jimu avatar image
jimu suggested

Please Restore This Lost BMV-712 Feature

The reason I chose the compact display of the BMV-712, is thay the manual claims it can be set to automatically switch displaying between voltage, current, watts, SOC , etc., without pressing buttons. (manual section 3.11.1). I can "view" the display in the mounted location, but cannot conveniently "reach" the display where I have it mounted in the limited space in my motorhome. I should be able to press the "-" button for 3 seconds to initiate this display-switching when in operation. My firmware version was 4.0 but soon upgraded to 4.01 after installation. Thank you Victron and I eagerly await this well needed function. Jim.

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Comment

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) commented

Hi @JimU, yes we like that feature to.

A long time ago, the year 2013, we removed this feature from the BMV-700 & BMV-702; for code size space reasons most likely. And can't put it back.

But, the good news is that for the BMV-712, there is more space. And we added it back in v4.01.

I tried it, and it works well.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

ps. See also the firmware change log on https://professional.victronenergy.com.

0 Likes 0 ·
jimu avatar image jimu commented ·

Mvader, thank you for your prompt reply a d explanation. How are you initiating this "hands-free" indexing of the various status values? I follow my BMV-712 manual's instruction to hold down the "minus" button (-) for 3 seconds, but this doesn't work. Will it work with firmware version 4.0? Maybe my firmware upgrade did not take. Does it still follow the manual's instruction?

Jim

0 Likes 0 ·

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas