Idea

JimU avatar image
JimU Posted ·

Please Restore This Lost BMV-712 Feature

The reason I chose the compact display of the BMV-712, is thay the manual claims it can be set to automatically switch displaying between voltage, current, watts, SOC , etc., without pressing buttons. (manual section 3.11.1). I can "view" the display in the mounted location, but cannot conveniently "reach" the display where I have it mounted in the limited space in my motorhome. I should be able to press the "-" button for 3 seconds to initiate this display-switching when in operation. My firmware version was 4.0 but soon upgraded to 4.01 after installation. Thank you Victron and I eagerly await this well needed function. Jim.

Battery Protect
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Comment

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) Posted ·

Hi @JimU, yes we like that feature to.

A long time ago, the year 2013, we removed this feature from the BMV-700 & BMV-702; for code size space reasons most likely. And can't put it back.

But, the good news is that for the BMV-712, there is more space. And we added it back in v4.01.

I tried it, and it works well.

2 comments
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mvader, thank you for your prompt reply a d explanation. How are you initiating this "hands-free" indexing of the various status values? I follow my BMV-712 manual's instruction to hold down the "minus" button (-) for 3 seconds, but this doesn't work. Will it work with firmware version 4.0? Maybe my firmware upgrade did not take. Does it still follow the manual's instruction?

Jim

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas