Idea

aaron-mcewan avatar image
aaron-mcewan suggested

running on an odroid c2

i got venusOS working on a odroid c2

i used the bootloader, kernel, device tree, initrd, kernel modules, firmware and root fs partition id ( to make the bootloader work ) from the armbian odroid c2 image with the venus-large root file system

then i edited the fstab to suit, built a custom kmod to support the compressed (xz ) kernel modules from armbian, fixed the filesystem mounts so /services and /run are not set as "noexec" and make /etc/victron/gpio_list blank

obviously this system cannot be updated and is completly unsupported.

is there any interest in this setup?

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dominik-andreas avatar image
dominik-andreas commented

Nice! I'd like to run it on an odroid c4, can you share more details? Thanks!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

panzerknacker avatar image
panzerknacker commented

Would be interested in details, too.

I am running some Odroids (X2, U3, XU4) under plain Debian with self compiled mainline linux kernels.

Tried a venus rootfs-image with my kernels, but booting got stucked within systemd bringup.

Did not persue this further until now.

2 |3000

driftfox avatar image
driftfox commented

I just learned about Venus OS today and don't have any unused Raspberry Pi's lying around, but I do have an Odroid C2. I'm very interested in how you got it to work. Thanks!

2 |3000

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas