question

solarlych avatar image
solarlych asked

Afficheur BMV 712 S

I have a electro-solar boat on Lake Léman (Lake of Geneva) : www.solarly.ch

My aim is to know when the engine uses only the PV production to show my passagers how the sun is powerfull. Therefore the afficher BMV should oscillate at 0 between some + amp and - amp when the PV production equal more or less the engine consumption.

Setup:

Two PV high grade modules connected to Victron MPTT 100 & 75

Batteries Exide Sonnenschein Pb 24 V 180 Ah (2 packs of 4 x 6 V 180 Ah) to have enough power available on route when no sunshine or during the night.

Engine Torqeedo Cruise 2.

I would like the afficher BMV 712 S to show the amp + or - according to the difference between the power produced by the PV and power used by the engine when running.

Unfortunately the afficher BMV 712 S does not shows this figure, it shows only minus amp according to consumption.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Sounds like the shunt is not wired correctly, maybe the negative of the MPPT is directly connected to the battery not to the system side of the shunt.

If everything is wired correctly the shunt shows a positive current if the load is less than production and a negative current if the load is more than the production.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic