question

agroventuresperu avatar image
agroventuresperu asked

Proper ADD Setup for 4 Pylontech US3000 Connected in Parallel

I'm not sure what this part of the manual means. I have one group of 4 batteries in parallel. How should I set this up?

batteries-to-busbar.png

pylontech-add.png

pylontechdaub.png

Pylontech
pylontech-add.png (60.0 KiB)
pylontechdaub.png (141.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
agroventuresperu avatar image
agroventuresperu answered ·

Does anyone know what to do here? I've read the victron-pylontech compatibility document and it states:

"You can connect multiple battery modules together to form a single large battery by connecting the RJ-45 cable supplied by Pylontech using the link ports on the battery. This is shown in more detail in the example wiring diagram and Pylontech manual...

The batteries will automatically detect and link to each other, no adjustment of dip switches on the battery module are necessary."

I've also seen a video put out by a solar company that shows putting the last dip switch of the master battery in the down position as the only modification to the dip switches shown in the video. As shown at the 22:55min mark in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MABFHoTys44

What's the full story here?

To clarify for my particular situation, I have four US3000 batteries that I plan to connect in parallel to a Multiplus 48/5000, with a CerboGX and SmartSolar 250/100

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bonie-wanda avatar image
bonie-wanda answered ·

0fdf553d-9211-46a4-8665-ad5c234c3b46.pngHi

only 1 cable for each terminal, that is, 1x -ve and 1x +ve. See diagram.

2 |3000

bonie-wanda avatar image
bonie-wanda answered ·

Dip Switches don’t matter for the Venus GX. Don’t know about other GX devices.

2 |3000