question

nixonlm1950 avatar image
nixonlm1950 asked

100/50 has volts, but no watts or amps

It was suggested that I post this as a new thread.

I have four roof panels connected to a 100/50 controller and two ground deploy panels with its own 100/30 controller. The settings on both controllers are identical. When I last used the roof and ground deploy panels everything worked fine. Now this issue has popped up:

The groun d deploy panels are working fine (100/30), but the roof panels (100/50) shows volts and no amps or watts.

I’ve unplugged the roof panels and the voltage drops to zero as expected. I disconnected the 100/50 controller from the panels and the battery, disabled the 100/30 charger in the app, and reinstalled the 100/50 per the directions. It didn’t solve the issue with the 100/50 showing voltage and no amps.

Since the controller can see both the panels and the battery I don’t believe it’s a curcuit breaker. I also don’t believe there’s one in my installation.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
solarone avatar image
solarone answered ·

I had a similar problem with a 100/30 (see link below )

It turned it to be fuse inside the unit that had blown

My unit Was out of warranty so I replaced the fuse it not easy though

https://community.victronenergy.com/answers/4902/view.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nixonlm1950 avatar image
nixonlm1950 answered ·

I didn’t know the controller had built in fuse. I’ll see what I can find on replacing it. I ordered a new one on Sunday just in case. I live full time in my RV so solar is important.

2 |3000

solarone avatar image
solarone answered ·

Depending on how old the unit is you may be able to contact the supplier about warranty .

The fuse is soldered to the circuit board and It’s like a very small little fuse but here in au/nz I couldn’t find any like it to fit it so put a fuse holder on it

Au/nz don’t have the of large range of dealers and product spare parts Like the rest of the world

2 |3000

nixonlm1950 avatar image
nixonlm1950 answered ·

It was a bad controller. I installed a new one and everything’s fine. I don’t have time to wait for a warrenty repair.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic