question

charriso1 avatar image
charriso1 asked

Adding more panels to 100/50 controller

I would like to add a couple more panels to my solar array (currenty 4 100 watt panels for a total of 6 100 watt panels) attached to a 100/50 charge controller. From the controller side would setting the "Charger enabled" to "off" be the only step necessary to avoid damaging controller and battery bank? Also, when set back to "on" would the controller recognize the additional panels or would I need to reboot it (disconnect batteries and panels)?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I would disconnect the wires from the PV input to the MPPT before carrying out any work on the array. Once you are done, you can re-connect the wires and the controller will not require any configuration. As long as the array is going to remain less than 100Voc then it will simply make more power.
Adhere to the usual high Voltage precautions you need to take when working on the array.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic