question

Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar asked

Adding Additional 6 B-Plus units to existing-BYD B-Box pro 10- any white paper/ guidelines ?

Hello ,

I have a BYD Pro 10 ( 4 x 2.5 B- Plus) installed since last year on 3 x 5 KVA Quattro ESS with Generator /Grid - The ESS cycles at 90 % and feeds only 2 KW load during grid failuer

If I want to add more Bplus ( planning on 6 more units) to increase offgrid capacity ) are there any guidelines on connecting , firmware compatibilities between old and new ., advise

BYD
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Maybe @BYD_service can assist us here?

0 Likes 0 ·

Please report back on the experience.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
byd-service avatar image
byd-service answered ·

Thank you @wkirby for the heads up.

In principle you can install them normally(like a new module) without updating firmware or making any changes. Just make sure you address them correctly and are connected in continuous order.

The only potential issue could be, as the modules come from the factory at an SOC 30~40% if you connect the new ones at a very different SOC you might have a short term communication issue. This will get sorted just after a cycle or two once they all balance themselves.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Anil Ghatikar avatar image Anil Ghatikar commented ·

Thank you. Will surely update after my installation is upgraded

0 Likes 0 ·