question

freddyuk avatar image
freddyuk asked

SOC is 85% (bulk) voltage is only 40vdc??

My system is Quattro/CCGX with 12nos. Aquion stacks (25kWh) and solar into GT inverters.

The Battery Life is set on however Aquion can sit discharged without harm. With winter charging there is little solar but SOC remains at 85% and voltage is only 40vdc. So the measurement must be wrong as bulk finished at 85% but the voltage is way down fully discharged. Should I re set something to get this back into correct measurement? I cannot force charge these batteries as they have high resistance but sitting at 40vdc I am only using grid power. A quick mains charge will bring voltage up over 50v and inverter will operate but voltage drops back and grid takes over with SOC still at 85%.

ESSAquion
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Aquion have a very unusual voltage profile, and there are also different versions that have their own variation.

You are best to speak to the supplier of those batteries, as they should have some more experience with the required settings.

There is a little bit of information here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:aquion_ahi

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2016/11/10/bluesky-energy-energy-storage-systems-compatibility/

As these batteries are no longer available, it appears that compatibility work on optimal settings and configurations has also stopped.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cmorewood avatar image
cmorewood answered ·

Did you find an answer freddy? on my relatively new system and not fine tuned yet. I've found I have to make sure I have 5/6 hrs at 100%SOC before getting the batteries to discharge to around 11% SOC the batteies go to idle about 40.8V.

Let me know your settings if you did solve the 40V problem

Chris

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic