question

tom-alexander-hatlen avatar image
tom-alexander-hatlen asked

battery life on Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75/15, 15A

How can I see remaining battery on Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75/15, 15A via the Victron connect app ?

I have a EPEVER Tracer 4215 with usb dongle for app connection, and there I can see aprox remaining battery life.

is there a option on the victron app too or do I need extra devices for that ? could not find it...

all help appreciated

AGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

You'd need a Victron battery monitor to see that sort of information on the VictronConnect app. The solar controller has no way of knowing or reporting that information.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jetlag avatar image
jetlag answered ·

You could also add a Victron Smart Shunt into the system to read accurate battery state of charge values. If you are using a "smart" battery with BMS, then the BMS could/should deliver such information as well.

What kind of battery is it?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic