question

jean-paul-1 avatar image
jean-paul-1 asked

Absorption and Float values with BSL batteries

HI,

I have just replaced my lead batteries with lithium from BSLBATT. I have an OFF-GRID system with 3x Victron Multiplus, 3x SMA inverter (on AC-out), 2x Victron MPPT

Reading through all documentation, the exact required settings for absorption and float voltages are not consistent. The installation manuals and the text on the Victron website.

Absorption values I find in different documents: 54, 54.8 (if used off-grid) or 55 in ESS

Float values 55 volt

The values are also different for the Multiplus and the MPPT's

It doesn't say anything about the equalisation voltage ? Anyone knows this ?

Can someone tell me the exact values if used in OFF-GRID configuration?

Thank you,

Jean-Paul

bslbatt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jean-Paul

Use the lithium profile and adjust values. Lithiums do not use equalisation. If you are seeing that then the wrong chemistry has been selected.

If you scan the QR code they have manual for victron.

Otherwise the setting on the victron bsl page work as well. There is only a slight difference between them.

I have used both quite fine with the BMS talking to the system it all works out.

Victron & BSLBATT Lithium batteries also lists BSLS own manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jean-paul-1 avatar image
jean-paul-1 answered ·

@ Alexandra

The LIthiums are selected, no doubt.

The question about equalisation is because in the MPPT the equalisation voltage is there, not in the Multiplus.

I've used the settings on the Victron website, these are most likely the most reliable and for now it seems to work fine.

I have another problem but I will post a seperate question about that

Thks

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron & BSLBATT Lithium batteries

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic