question

olisol avatar image
olisol asked

Transfer switch Quattro

Hello,

The installation consists of 2 Quattro 5kVA units in a split-phase configuration, 4 PYLONTECH Lithium batteries (5kw.h each), 1 Charge controller 450V & 100A, and a Cerbo GX.

My problem is as follows: during a power outage from the utility provider, the switch seems to take too long. It is imperceptible to the naked eye, but the computers reboot. When the breaker (AC IN) is lowered, the computers do not reboot.

Do you have any idea about the origin of the problem and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

transfer switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
richoff avatar image
richoff answered ·

I don't have a direct answer, but I see/hear my UPS's switching when the Victron equipment does its "transfer". All my computer/critical stations have a UPS to handle these situations... apparently they switch faster than the Victron does.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@OliSol

Possibly a brownout happening before the outage. You could experiment with tightening up on the V and Hz parameters to catch the failure earlier. There's a UPS function too, which will give the fastest transfer time. This pic is from a Victron article which suggests loosening them when a genset comes on in an inverting situation, but you seem to need the opposite.. 1707103216851.png

1707103216851.png (170.5 KiB)
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The inverter isn't a true UPS, because it syncs to the grid it will track the grid voltage and frequency.

We have numerous failures per day, and the switchover is sufficiently quick to not restart sensitive gear (apart from LED lights that have a brief flick).

On very rare occasions, a device has restarted, that has been down to a grid brownout.

You may also see it if the batteries are a bit underspecced and can't handle the transient on cutover, though usually you would see all the power evaporate in this scenario.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic