question

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV asked

New 3.10 Venus Update - Ess Battery used only for critical loads - not working

The new ESS feature coming with Venus OS 3.10, "self consumption from battery" is not working as it is supposed. If set on ""critical loads only" I was assuming that any load on the AC-In side of the Multiplus, for example an EV Charger, will use energy from grid and not from battery. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?screenshot-2023-09-12-222233.jpg

ESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martinsola2023 avatar image martinsola2023 commented ·

Dear all, i meet same problem since the update to V3.10

Additional i meet the problem the load limitation in Watt for the multiplus output is also not working for individual phase mode.

Image 5830 and Image 5833 and Image 5837 is three phase mode the Software limit to ~600W but it made no sense use the battery power to send in the grid when the load is on phase three while the multiplus compact is connected to phase one

IMG_5830.JPGIMG_5833.JPG

IMG_5837.JPG

Image 5836 and Image 5843 you can see when set to individual phase mode the 600W limit will be ignored and he compensate ac load and critical load together but i did forbidden compensate AC load by selection "use the battery only for critical load"

IMG_5843.JPGIMG_5836.JPG

0 Likes 0 ·
img-5843.jpg (3.2 MiB)
img-5836.jpg (3.4 MiB)
img-5830.jpg (3.0 MiB)
img-5833.jpg (3.0 MiB)
img-5837.jpg (3.0 MiB)
9 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You do have a grid meter installed, right?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

CristiMV avatar image CristiMV commented ·
Yeap. In the meantime, I’ve changed the multiphase regulation to all phases, and it seems is working.
0 Likes 0 ·
martinsola2023 avatar image
martinsola2023 answered ·

Yes i have grid meter ET340 and ET112 for the Envertech PV inverter

2 |3000

quantumsicarius avatar image
quantumsicarius answered ·

Hello,

I would like to add that I am experiencing the same issue.

Once multiphase regulation is adjusted to single phase "Battery used only for critical loads" just stops working.

2 |3000

Constantin Zaharia avatar image
Constantin Zaharia answered ·

off topic:

the widgets on the right, how are added?

1 comment
2 |3000

CristiMV avatar image CristiMV commented ·
If you refer to temperature readings of the 3 Multi's, these are added automatically once you have external temperature sensors installed and configured. Basically I've sticked a temperature sensor (the one that comes with the Multi to be used with standard batteries - in my case not needed as I'm having Pylontech batteries) to each Multiplus.
0 Likes 0 ·

Hello, today i tested 3.20 Venus Update but it meet same situation.

Since 3.10 the load power limitation does not more working. So i continous jump between chargeing and dischargeing because with the load peak the battery comes in under voltage and stop inverting and then the voltage rise back to normal and again the inverter will load and so on.... Additional i meet the situation the battery balancer for the two 12V starter battery switch continous on/off mode.

Yes, i use 24V lead battery from starter battery and it is old shool based on actual Lithium technology but simple technology for small power application.

I turn back to 3.01 and there the power limitation is working. Hope with the next version victron solve this issue.

What i also meet was the problem, when jump from 3.01 into 3.10 or 3.20, the Venus forget the battery % level. Before this versions i meet this effect only when update the Victron Multiplus. But since Multiplus V5.06 firmware now i meet this while venus update and not while Multiplus Update.

2 |3000

h8mecz avatar image
h8mecz answered ·

Hi guys, I am facing the same issue - only critical loads not working with individual phase regulation. For me it is essential to have individual phase regulation. Is here anyone who has working self-constumption from batteries on critical loads on individual phase regulation? I am running the latest fw of Cerbo GX. Thanks guys for feedback.

2 |3000

jlamou2 avatar image
jlamou2 answered ·

Hi, i'm also facing the same issue.

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

@cristimv @H8meCZ @jlamou2

Currently there is a beta that should fix that problem, please test it an give feedback, thanks:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/246506/venus-os-v3131-available-for-testing.html

@MartinSola2023 @quantumsicarius

2 |3000

Today i tested Version 3.13

Yes, now with this version 3.13 the "critical loads only" is working. But while testing i found a delay between peak load and reducing to setpoint load.

As you know in the ESS you can set the max load for Inverter. I set it example to 200W althrough the multiplus compact i use will able 1600W. I did it because i have small battery capacity. Then i loaded the critical circut with 800W. For 1~2 second the multiplus inverter load it with this peak power 800W from battery before it begin reduce it down to seted limit of 200W.

Now it is winter time so the battery is mostly not through loaded. I test three 3min load peaks in 15minutes. I meet 4times the case the voltage drop down before the inverter was able reduce the power down to 200W. Because of the voltage drop down the inverting stop suddenly and the battery status jump back into bulk instead converting while the load then feed by the grid instad solar or battery power. Then i tested with smaller load where the peak in the critical load was near 200W. In that case the battery voltage do not drop so much down and the converter powering stable the load.

Is there parameter for the regulation time or power load detecting? Will it be possible modify the 1~2 second or does the software boarder recact similar as switch or can the software border based on voltage drop? In the multiplus config file the dynamic current load function is off.

2 |3000