question

Mario Stewart avatar image
Mario Stewart asked

Micro Grid

Hi Victron community,

screen-shot-2023-11-29-at-105828-am.png

I currently have this setup where I am running Hydro in winter and Solar in Summer from different battery banks. Essentially I am only using one Independent system at a time to power both the House and Water Mill. I was wondering if it is possible to configure a single system using Gx and code red that could combine both. I Saw a post on a Microgrid setup by @shaneyake that I think suggests that it is possible with my config. Any help is very welcomed. Thank you.

dynamic essmicrogrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·
Depending on the lenght of the 16mm2 cable I woukd prefer to move evrything to the House.

The Powersprout Turgo has 1,2kW @48V which is only 25A but I assume it is 3-pase, hence only 14,5A/phase and with 100m cable you loose only 2,7V.

What is the MPP Voltage of the Powersprout Turgo?

Hence tranfer the energy from the Hydro to the house directly over the 16mm2 cable snd the MPPT.

Connect the MPPT to the House battery parallel to the two MPPT 150/35.

In the house put the two MultiPlus-II in parallel (I see, you have one GX but deactivate it since you have a more powerful CerboGX) and enjoy higher AC power.

Keep the better battety pack and get rid of the second. Or get rid of both and buy a bigger one.

You shoukd have the Powersrout Turgi GTI version...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources