question

wheeto avatar image
wheeto asked

"Limit inverter power" - expected operation

Hello,

I have a pair of 240V MultiPlus-II 5kW units connected in parallel and operating effectively to a grid set-point of 50W; charging when there's excess PV and discharging to the lower limit of charge.

Sometimes I want to limit the power taken from the battery bank and have tried using the "Maximum inverter power" setting, but this doesn't work as expected. The following video shows the inverters drawing approximately 1.7kW from the batter bank when the "Maximum inverter power" is set to 250W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeF3DIGyfig

I would understand 250W or 500W (250 for each of the two inverters) bt 1.7kW doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks,

Multiplus-IIESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Possibly the feature is designed for higher limits as 250W is really low.

You could acheive a low limitation with keep batteries charged.

So possibly threshold related and with settings such as battery depth of discharge and whole bunch of other conflicting settings such as input current limit. One setting would have to be disobeyed to maintain the loads.

There is a short explanation. But as with all ESS systems it is a balance of all the settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
wheeto avatar image
wheeto answered ·

Is there any official documentation covering this feature?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lifeingalicia avatar image
lifeingalicia answered ·

If you have external CT`s it should work.

Using the internal CT - First the excess load will be drawn from Bat then balanced out to AC.

2 |3000

lifeingalicia avatar image
lifeingalicia answered ·
2 |3000

wheeto avatar image
wheeto answered ·

The behaviour I see doesn't match the explanation that the control loop in the GX device is simply slow - it never reduces the inverter output to try and match the setpoint. This behaviour is shown in the video I've linked. Can anyone else shed any light on this?

2 |3000