question

Javier Pardo avatar image
Javier Pardo asked

Bluetooth disabled / not available on SmartSolar Charger

Hello, I currently have 3 SmartSolar chargers in my installation.

All of them have Bluetooth connectivity and so far I had not had any problems.

Since the last update to version 3.14 one of my SmartSolar is no longer available via Bluetooth. Going into the configuration options with the VictronConnect program, the option to activate Bluetooth does not even appear. On my other device that is identical to this one, the option to activate or deactivate Bluetooth appears.

I attach two images to better explain the problem.

screenshot-20230812-151915.png

screenshot-20230812-152007.png

MPPT SmartSolarBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Javier Pardo avatar image
Javier Pardo answered ·

No solution for this problem?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Try updating the firmware again (manual update, same version).

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Javier Pardo

When the "Bluetooth Enabled" switch is not visible, it means that there is no communication between the MPPT part and the internal Bluetooth dongle. This could be a hardware failure, but it could also be that the dongle is in firmware update mode. Is there any device visible in VictronConnect when running it on a bluetooth enabled device (iPhone, Mac or Android phone/tablet) that you do not recognize and has the letters BL in it?

You can also try to power cycle the MPPT by disconnecting it from PV and battery for 2 minutes and reconnect it (battery first).

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Javier Pardo avatar image Javier Pardo commented ·

Hello @Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) , regarding your comments:

1 - I don't see any other Bluetooth devices in range apart from the other 2 MPPTs and my VenusGX

2 - I have made the complete shutdown of the MPPT but the bluetooth still does not appear.

I don't know whether to try reinstalling the current version manually or wait for a new version of the software to see if it fixes the problem. I have not tried to perform the manual update yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Javier Pardo

Based on your answers, my suspicion is that the update triggered a hardware problem in the SmartSolar, causing the internal Bluetooth dongle to fail. My advice is to contact the seller/distributor for warranty, depending on the age of the SmartSolar.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000