question

marc-heide avatar image
marc-heide asked

Mppt 75-15 rebulk offset not working

screenshot-20230821-091245.jpgImage Caption

I set the rebulk offset to 2.2 volts which should only restart a bulk when the battery reaches 25 volts.

But it keeps bulking every morning.

Most recent software.

Am i missing a setting that causes this?

With kind regards,

Marc van der Heide

battery chargingMPPT SmartSolarlocalsettings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·
Just guessing here, but it could be that a new day means a new charging cycle, which starts with a Bulk stage (not a re-Bulk yet).

So the re-Bulk maybe applies only after the charger switched from Bulk to Absorption or from Bulk to Absorption and then Float in that day.

-------

But why would you not want to charge the battery?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Marc Heide

I agree with Seb71. Guessing too, but the mppt knows it's a new day, and I'd expect it to start afresh.

Try using the 'Tail' setting, which will terminate/override Absorb phase earlier than the Fixed/Adaptive settings. For you, maybe set to 1.4A. It won't stay in Absorb long, and a short time won't hurt the battery.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

From the manual.

Section 6.2, MPPT starts a new charge cycle daily. Rebulk offset will thus have no effect. New day is sunrise (and /or applying power to the MPPT after it's been disconnected, my experience).

Section 5.2.1 settings/p19 Rebulk offset - linked to float setting and actual battery voltage. It's used during the day when loads reduce battery voltage to trigger a new charge cycle.

Note that if the MPPT has not been charging for an hour, a new charge cycle will start as soon as it's able to charge again.

So working as designed.

Suggest you put the rebulk offset back to default, or you will have a seriously depleted, possibly damaged battery if there's a significant load.

2 |3000

Related Resources