question

bhavers avatar image
bhavers asked

Reset Global Link 520 to factory settings

Hi is it possible to reset the Global Link 520 to factory settings?

(in the manual i read it is not possible; but i have trouble connecting over bluetooth).

As a test for my father, i've connected and configured the Global Link 520 on my boat (with my phone and to BMV-712). Everything worked fine. Than i gave it to my father. He connected it on his boat. I do see data coming in on the account that i created, so the device is working. But he can't connect using VictronConnect (i gave him the passcode i used). Probably because it is still configured with my phone. So even with the pincode he can't log in.

1. Is it possible to reset the Bluetooth connection? So he can connect with his own phone (iphone).

2. Or it would be even better if the whole device would be resetted, so he can re-do the configuration process for his BMV0712?

Thanks and kind regards,

Bram.

globallink
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
jolir avatar image
jolir answered ·

1. Go into Settings/Bluetooth on your iPhone

2. Amongst the list of all the Bluetooth devices that have ever connected to your iPhone find GlobalLink 520.

3. Click on the little blue i in a circle at the end of the line (information)

4. Click on “Forget this device

This will remove the GlobalLink’s connection to your iPhone.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bhavers avatar image
bhavers answered ·

Hi jolir, thanks for your fast reponse.
I was actually looking for a way to remove the bluetooth connection from the GlobalLink (not from my phone). Even if i remove the connection from my phone, he will not be able to connect (because i am 150km away, so there is no way the GlobalLink would know that i have deleted the connection).

It looks like the GlobalLink only accepts one connected phone (i am not sure, as i am not near the GlobalLink, and i don't exactly what my father is doing). If the GlobalLink should accept multiple phones, than never mind, it will than have to wait when he's back again.

2 |3000

jolir avatar image
jolir answered ·

Have you checked (via VRM) that Bluetooth hasn’t accidentally been disabled on the GL520? You can switch it on or off via VRM

On my boat, I have an older iPhone connected to all my Victron Bluetooth devices, via Victron Connect, which acts as a fixed general display screen.

I also use my normal iPhone to connect to Victron Connect when I’m walking around my boat.

So both phones are connected to Victron Connect simultaneously and therefore to the GL520 simultaneously.

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @bhavers

For your information, the GlobalLink is capable of being paired to multiple phones. And even when its internal storage that is needed for the pairing is full, it will remove the pairing information of the oldest phone and store the new pairing information.

Can you perhaps give a bit more information on what happens when he tries to connect? And what type of phone and/or tablet he is using?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

bhavers avatar image
bhavers answered ·

Thiemo, thanks. If it is capable of multiple connections, than probably my father is not doing something correctly. I will check when he is back.

kind regards,

Bram.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic