question

j-mac avatar image
j-mac asked

What are the correct continuity readings between panel + input and battery + output on 40a mppt?

I replaced the onboard fuses on my mppt controller after blowing them from battery reverse polarity. When testing continuity, I get zero (full continuity) between panel negative input and battery negative output (which i believe is correct), but then between panel input + and battery output +, I'm seeing resistance.

I have a brand new mppt controller that I would prefer to return if my fix was successful, but to compare them, when I tested the continuity on the new one between panel input + and battery output + it reads no continuity (OL).

This makes me think that the one I repaired should also read no continuity instead of showing some resistance. So my qquestio is: what is the correct continuity reading of a controller between panel positive input and battery positive output? Would resistance reading on the one i repaired as compared to reading no continuity on the new one indicate that a diode has also been damaged?

testing
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It's indicative of other damage. Yes.

Victron don't release repair information, authorised service centres only.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic