question

craig avatar image
craig asked

Multiplus Aux inputs

Hi, I've been trying to implement some fancy controls using the virtual switches etc in a multiplus 2 (parralleled to another multiplus). I'm trying to understand how the inputs work, do they just require a switch on the output as they have an internal supply? or do they need a 0v to 5v input? if so, what polarity? I'm trying to get ignore mains input and a load ramp for a generator. Having set up programmable relays etc to do this, at the moment when I short the aux input, nothing happens. I programmed it super simple so when input is v0 (shorted) turn on relay k1....nothing.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

They are 5V inputs, with internal pull up, so if you have nothing connected it will register as on and if you short the input it will register as off. You can also supply 0 and 5v if you wanted to.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

craig avatar image craig commented ·
Thanks Shaneyake, I thought this was the case, but can't seem to get it to do anything even with the most simple program. Do you know of a way to see if it is seeing an input? I cant find anything in vconfig and a simple shorted aux input seems to do nothing when programmed to operate k1 output
0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake craig commented ·
As for as I know there is no way to monitor the inputs. I would use the AC2-output or AUX relay has you can hear them when they flip. Do you want explain you test assistant setup? Maybe something is miss configured there. Also when you put a multimeter on the AUX input do you get like 4.5V?
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Just connect a simple switch to the AUX.

Can you make a screenshot of your assistant settings?

2 comments
2 |3000

Thats all I was doing and nothing was happening, If I can see what the devcie is seeing it would be great, but cant see flags or internal bits. I''m not on site at the moment, but it's just simple programmable relay aux1 input with a switch, and k1 relay as the output.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ craig commented ·
Please make a screenshot of the settings you made.

Select all assistants and click on summary.

0 Likes 0 ·
mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy answered ·

If you use the K1 output to activate the aux1 you need to connect a separate relay. The K1 is an open collector, basically a solid state switch letting current through when "biased" by the controller. At least that is what I did and it works. The K1 output can handle a relay that pulls 100mA max and 70 volts max. Relay coil + to battery voltage, Relay coil - to K1 -. aux1 + and - to COM and NO.

However, if there are other ways to do this I am open to learn.

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi mrhappy, we were activating the aux 1 input, and with the programmable relay, trying to get k1 to operate depending on the state of aux 1
0 Likes 0 ·
mrhappy avatar image mrhappy craig commented ·
Ok, my bad. In that case, first, I assume that the multiplus-2 you are programming is the master, not the slave, I think I read somewhere that automation is not possible with slave units. If it is the master, can you post a screenshot of the summary of the assistant that you are using?
0 Likes 0 ·
alan-w avatar image
alan-w answered ·

Hi

Is it possible to use K1 -ve (open collector) and connect it to aux 1 +ve (5v) to use K1 to operate aux 1

Or

Connect K1 12v +ve to a resistor to k1 -ve and the again from k1 -ve through a similar size resistor to aux 1 - ve and finally a connection from k1 +ve to aux 1+ve

Again to use the k1 to trigger an aux 1 function

without using an external relay

2 |3000

alan-w avatar image
alan-w answered ·

So the answer is yes K1 can directly operate the Aux inputs without using an external relay

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic