question

czauto avatar image
czauto asked

Request for timer function of the "limit inverter power"

Good day,

A quick background of my system. I've got 2 x Multiplus 48/3000/35's paralelled with 2 x FreedomWon eTowers (Total 10kWh storage) and 4000Wp solar array running through a Smartsolar 150/70Tr Mppt. I use ESS and everything works 100% except for one problem. Everything is connected on AC output one (LPG geyser and stove) and the Multiplus's handles everything like a dream. Seeing that I live in the Karoo in South Africa, it gets hot, bloody hot. During the day it's no problem to have AC running but some nights, when minimum temps never drop below 30deg Celcius, I like to run the 12000Btu split unit AC in my bedroom. On hot night, even when set on only 26deg, the unit drains my batteries rather quickly. This was never a problem while connected to the grid but with all the loadshedding we have had lately, planning is getting more difficult by the day.

Normally I would use the "limit inverter power" function and set it to 800W so that if the AC's compressor kicks on, it will still use only 800W from the battery and the excess from the grid. This works great but time after time I forget to disable this function again so that I can utilize all PV during the day.

Will it be possible to add some kind of timer function so it can enable only in certain timeframes like with scheduled charging?

That would be great addition to an already awesome function.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Hi, I created a flow for node red that helped automate inverter limits:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/174704/node-red-automate-inverter-limits.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.