question

davidraper avatar image
davidraper asked

Load switching

Hi. I have my MPPT 100/30 set to switch a load on when battery exceeds 28v and off at 22v. This works ok, but what i would like to do is have the load switched on when there is an excess of solar power.

When the battery is fully charged or approaching, the controller throttles back back the charge rate so as not to cook the battery. Is it possible to modify the software to allow switching on a load to absorb the excess, rather than throttling back?

software
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Just so i understand your question, when you say throttling back.

Do you mean float phase of charging cycle or do you mean that you have it setup so that the battery BMS is communicating with venus os/cerbo gx and that's then slowing charging when getting close to full?

If by throttling back you mean hitting float phase then I believe you can enable mppt to activate relay when float phase is hit, which could control your loads to utilise the excess power.

(Sorry if i've not fully understood your question)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic