question

georgebester avatar image
georgebester asked

Warranty Mppt

Hi

Bought a mppt and it failed with a promised 2 year warranty.Victron tells me it is registered in Australia. I' m from South Africa . I sent it in to the dealer in South Africa who must have bought it from australia . Still no replacemet or repairs . What do i do ? .

MPPT SmartSolar
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·
Hi

All there gear is 5 year warranty.

1 Like 1 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
They have some terrible reviews on a local consumer site. If they are grey importing you may have a problem, but as stated all gear has a 5-year warranty.

You have to be careful who you buy from these days.

If you don't have any joy with them you can log a CPA complaint against exsolar with cgso.org.za. It is free and generally not too slow.

Use the link Kev provided first.

0 Likes 0 ·
georgebester avatar image georgebester nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for the help Nick and Rob
0 Likes 0 ·
georgebester avatar image georgebester georgebester commented ·
Victron promptly replaced the Mppd under warranty through a RMA via one of their suppliers exsolar- who as it transpired did not even sell me the Mppt . They sold me other Mppt equipment. Great Service Exsolar and Victron - thanks
1 Like 1 ·
3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @georgebester , I’ll make sure someone reaches out to you to get this sorted properly. Probably tomorrow, and otherwise next week.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

georgebester answered ·

thanks - I had to buy another mppt - but would appreciate a second mppt for another bank of Pvs

2 |3000

georgebester answered ·

resolved - victron agreed to replace the mppt through exsolar - thanks to all . Need to collect it

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic