question

lc10w avatar image
lc10w asked

EasySolar 12/1600 minimum charging temp

The smart solar controller within the EasySolar can have a low temperature charging cutoff set up (I have it set at +3 degC). The Multiplus charger-inverter within the unit does not appear to have the same function - or am I missing a trick?

I don't want to ruin the lithium batteries. The internal BMS is meant to shut off a charging current at 0 degC. The Smart Shunt connected to them was saying the battery temp was -1 degC, and the Multiplus was topping up the batteires.

temperature
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
anthony avatar image
anthony answered ·

The battery temperature will need to be communicated to the Multiplus in some way. Is there a GX device in the system? Is a temperature sensor fitted between the Multiplus and the batteries?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lc10w avatar image
lc10w answered ·

There is a Smart Shunt with a temp sensor on one of the batteries (4x 100ah LifePo4), and there is a Color Control GX between the shunt and the Easy Solar.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic