question

bsqr avatar image
bsqr asked

How to Display Internal Battery Temperature

I have a system that includes a VE.Bus BMS, Multiplus, BMV, Digital Multi Control & CCGX. Currently my battery temperature display comes from an external temp sensor connected to the BMV & displayed by the BMV, CCGX and VRM. I have not found a way to display the internal battery temperature (which is used by the VE.Bus BMS). I just saw that the there is a new model VE.Bus BMS V2 that can now communicate with GX devices. Does anyone know if this new BMS is capable of displaying the internal battery temperature via a CCGX?

temperature
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Bsqr

This is not possible with any of the Victron BMSes. The BTV module in the battery signals the BMS that there is either a low or a high temperature. The battery temperature can only be read via the VictronConnect app, or as you already use, with an external temperature sensor via the BMV.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic