question

william avatar image
william asked

Multiplus 24V system shows battery volts as 12V

Multiplus 24/3000/70 with CCGX shows the battery volts as 12V, see attachment. Although we have 4 * 6V cells in series=24V, we power the CCGX off 2 *6V cells=12V. Is this the problem?

CCGX Color Control
img-0344.jpg (4.3 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Sorry, I did not realise that you were in one of the generator settings pages. Although you are still better off running loads (the CCGX in this case) across the whole bank rather than half of it.

If you are configuring the parameters for a generator then I wouldn't worry, just set the voltages as you need them. It will not let certain values go above others, so you will need to set high end voltages first before you can set the low ends if you know what I mean.

Mine has always been a 24V system too and it is also defaulting to the same values that you can see. I have never noticed it before because I have never visited the generator pages.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I would definitely wire the CCGX to 24V.

2 |3000

william avatar image
william answered ·

@WKirby Thank you.

2 |3000

william avatar image
william answered ·

I have wired the CCGX to 24 V but I still see these parameters around 12 V. As this has always been a 24 V system, I wonder why this is. Perhaps I should just change the values anyway.

2 |3000

william avatar image
william answered ·

@WKirby Thanks, that's helpful that you see the same as me. So nothing to worry about, I'll just change the values.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic