question

fcattaneo avatar image
fcattaneo asked

After install ESS get 2 problems..

After installing ESS my Multiplus II stay in passthru mode AND the SmartSolar MPTT , connected via VEcan, stop charging battery!!

For force the charging i have to disconnect VEcan cable to the SmartSolar mptt .

All the configuration of ESS are the default.. the Battery system tab in ESS configuration is:
"System use LifePo4 with other type BMS and are protected from signal Hi/Low voltage by external cable.

I use SBMS120 as BMS, .. this BMS has 2 different contact .. one is for prevent over discharging ( connected to the remote on/off cable of Multiplus).

The second is for prevent overcharging and is connected to remote control input of my MPTT SmartSolar VEcan.

Thans in advance,

Fabrizio.

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
completeelectrical avatar image
completeelectrical answered ·

Are you using a CCGX in the system, and are you connecting your BMS via VE can as well as your MPPT.

I read somewhere that it can only accept one VE can device otherwise it can lock up.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.