question

michi avatar image
michi asked

Pylontec Battery Remote Console Details window

Hi in various posts on the i-net you can see remote console pictures where the details are displayed for Pylontech batteries. I have now updated my US2000 ( V3.4 ) and the Venus Gx ( V2.81 ) to the latest firmware. In my case, however, the Details window is not displayed at all in the Remote Console. How do you get the details to be displayed?

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Its provided by bms code, perhaps you have an older generation battery pack which doesn’t support it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes, I can confirm this. I originally had three US3000C packs and did not see the information. I then added another pack and then the details did show, but only the cell information for the new pack.
The firmware for the battery packs needs to be upgraded.
You do need a Pylontech programming cable and some unobtainable elusive software which never seems to exist, not even on the internet. I vaguely remember seeing the cable pinout on some forum somewhere.

2 |3000

michi avatar image
michi answered ·

The US2000 already have the latest firmware. Not only are there no values in the remote console, but the entire Details window is missing.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Completely normal for earlier batteries and firmware.

Best log a case with pylon or your supplier to see if this is supported at all on that generation battery. It has nothing to do with Victron. The GX will pull the data from the BMS over CAN, if the fields exist.

The C models seem capable with current code.

As an aside, when adding new batteries, make sure the new one is master.

0 Likes 0 ·
raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

I have the 3* UP2500 24V Pylontech batteries, I do not know which battery firmware without looking, batteries manufactured 12/2020. But I have issues with the displayed detail data; the max& min cell voltages are reversed and the cell max and min readings are scaled 1:10 i.e. go up in 10C for every 1C in temp! makes it interesting. The issue has been reported by Victron to Pylontech as it seems it is a Battery firmware issue, which highlights an issue maybe with all the details data exported via Cerbo GX.

All the battery readings are correct (or at least they make sense) with the Pylontech "batteryview" software when you connect directly into each battery console socket.

screen-shot-2022-02-09-at-100722-am.png

screen-shot-2022-02-09-at-100708-am.png

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

If you go into the "device" folder in the BMS section, it will display the firmware version, if exported to the GX.

Just note that the GX only reports the first 2 digits so if has the format of 1.23 it will unfortunately only display 1.2

0 Likes 0 ·
michi avatar image
michi answered ·

Hi I have found the reason why the detail data is missing. I have 2 towers each with 8 US2000 now firmware V3.4 and a LV Hub. I hooked up a single tower today without an LV hub and the details actually showed up correctly. With the LV Hub there is no display with the same batteries, but the remaining parameters are displayed correctly. I will now see if there is a firmware update for the LV Hub, otherwise I can live with it. Thank you for the answers.

2 |3000