Victron MultiPlus-II 48/15000/200-100 and Fronius Verto 30.0 SPD 1+2 30kW

Hello everyone,

I currently have a 30 kWp PV system on my roof. The modules are already connected in 4 strings with a maximum of 900 V and all face exactly south. The roof pitch is only 12°, so the system will probably never reach the modules’ maximum output. Approximately 95% by calculation.

I also have 10 × Taico TS10200 LiFePO4 battery storage units, each rated at 51.2 V / 200 Ah / 10.24 kWh, giving a total storage capacity of around 102 kWh.

At the moment, the system runs with a Taiwanese hybrid inverter, but it is not performing optimally and is also located in a relatively small room. I would therefore like to move the entire system to the garage and install new components there.

The garage is suitable in terms of climate, as it is integrated into the house. The necessary cables and LAN can easily be run there. I have no problem with the installation and electrical connections, as I’m an electrician myself.

I’m currently considering the following configuration:

· 3 × Victron MultiPlus-II 48/15000/200-100

· 1 × Fronius Verto 30.0 SPD 1+2 30kW

suitable battery/DC distribution and protection equipment

Why such generous sizing?

In the foreseeable future, we plan to charge 3 electric cars at home. The heating and hot water are also provided by a heat pump. At the same time, I’d like to have enough capacity in reserve for normal household consumption.

My other goals:

· as uninterrupted an emergency power supply for the house as possible

· three-phase operation

· sensible use of the existing battery storage of around 102 kWh

· monitoring, operation and function checks via smartphone

· the best possible integration of PV, battery storage, household consumption, heat pump and wallboxes

I have a few questions for the Victron community:

1. Can this system basically be implemented with Victron?

2. What other components would be needed?
I’m particularly interested in battery communication/BMS, GX components, metering/smart meter, switching or grid isolation, and integrating the Fronius inverter.

3. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or a comparable system design for a system of this size?

4. Who could commission a system like this or handle the Victron configuration/parameterisation if needed?
I would carry out the electrical work and installation myself.

I realise that, with a system of this size, battery communication, current distribution, protection and the correct configuration of the three-phase Victron system all need to be carefully planned.

Many thanks in advance for your support and for sharing your experience!

Best regards

Jens Rehpöhler @Meine_Energiewende (same name on YouTube) and his company Rayotech make installations like these.

Thanks for the recommendation. But that’s not going to happen this year … we’re (unfortunately—or thank goodness) completely booked up.