When I have low Power consumtion at AC-in , how can I set up Cerbo ESS to use excess Power from Grid-Inverter to load Battery ? My scenery shows at SoC not in full condition that Grid-Inverter power is always put fully through to grid.
Thanx
My installation is exactly like the picture , EM24 as Energy meter for the GX device . The Hoymiles grid-inverter has a simple monitoring device. Everything works fine. The only situation I want to address is: When AC-load at AC-input is less than the created Energy at Hoymiles, then Energy difference between them is fed into the grid regardless of configuration in Cerbo GX. I want to use this Energy to be used to do aditional battery loading. Is that possible and how ?
As @DuivertNL Has hinted it needs to know the solar exists, as the grid meter is just that making sure it stops you drawing from the grid.
You need to add another meter to the solar on the input side and then tell the GX that solar exists on the input side, which would allow you to muddle through but if solar takes a dive on the AC1 out then your system will hunt to cover the load until it equals out.
So to summarise put meters on both the input solar and the output solar and tell the GX what position they are connected at the multiplus side hope that helps.
I don’t see it that way. With zero feed-in configured, CerboGX ensures that the MPPT charge controllers are throttled back when the battery is full, and it should also change the frequency on AC-out so that microinverters stop feeding in any more energy. It uses the SmartMeter between the house network and the grid for this. This doesn’t work for me. What needs to be configured? A second SmartMeter on AC-out is no use. I couldn’t find anything about this in the ESS configuration. Is there a solution to my problem?
The charge controller has nothing to do with the AC system they are different, as said if you want to utilities the power on AC In you need energy meter ET112 or similar connected to the solar but both the one on the input and the one on the output so it’s not doing the funky maths on the power going back through its output.
In the ESS setup the system needs to know what position the AC PV systems are wired it also asks for the wattage of the PV system. On AC 1 out energy is being produced out of thin air but the multi reads it internally which it can but not the best route. And as for AC on the input technically it doesn’t exist as it can’t read it, all the Multi knows is it’s not drawing from the grid so can’t utilise AC Inputs Solar.
Can’t see how it’s going to frequency shift if in the ESS it doesn’t know there is solar on AC1 out, personally can’t see how DC tells AC to throttle as they are two different power sources, PS I would test that theory if I were you by doing a simulated test to ensure it functions as you state.
In this image you will see the system does not have to know about the AC PV and charging is triggered when import or export is detected using an ET112 gridmeter. Snapshot from a live system this morning charging from excess PC Inverter power it does not know about I suggest the we have a look at the settings.
@ejrossouw interesting seems contrary to Victrons ESS example as the inverters it mentions connect over modbus, PS if this is on the output which I believe it is as stated the Multiplus can do the funky maths to work out it’s getting power back as it’s using the multiplus’s internal CT on the AC out, question though what happens on a grid down situation to the PV on the AC output as I’m not sure the multiplus is just going to start to frequency shift as that is in the Setup for ESS where you tell it the solar position?
When your doing that it asks you if there is PV and where the PV is situated in that part of the ESS setup, that’s where you tell it PV is in the ESS setup with the MK3.
I know AC in is going to shut down, its AC out that is the issue in a grid down if you haven’t selected Yes AC PV is on the System I can’t see any frequency shifting taking place as if you select no PV there is nothing to shut down that it knows about so no frequency shifting option.
I use all Solis inverts S6’s I’ve tested it by changing the frequency to see if it behaved as it should I’ve changed them to suit my inverts. But I digress as this is not helping the OP, I still standby in the ESS assistant it needs to know there is PV where it is inorder to offer the frequency shift feature
Yes I know as said it needs to be selected you have to tell it solar is there and also where during the ESS config in order for it to frequency shift. Yes ESS has a bit of PV assistant built in if you select it
@GaragenPV If you post you configurations, those from veconfig and also your ESS settings and anything else that can show your system config, we may spot why it does behaves as it does.
As a prerequisite for connecting to the grid, installations must comply with VDE-AR-N 4105 and VDE V 0124-100. It states how the Multiplus and HM600 must behave. I assume that the Multiplus behaves like a grid at ACout1, i.e. in the event of over- or underload, it increases or decreases the frequency of the output voltage at ACout1 or ACout2, thereby switching off external inverters, or instead uses the energy to charge the battery.
But that is not my question; I want to use energy from ACout to charge the battery. Perhaps this is not предусмотрed in the Multiplus design at all. In the Remote Console, negative energy at ACout1 is displayed as 0 and added to the measured PV Load energy??
According to the documentation, “Ignore Grid” controls the ACin relay. Since the house mains are connected to ACin, the ESS can no longer feed power into the house mains. However, that is not what is wanted. In VEConfigure, a VirtualSwitch must be used that switches off ACin depending on the battery status or load. As far as I can see, this does not achieve the desired result: load dependency requires connecting the load to ACout1, which is the connection for UPS devices that are supposed to keep running when the grid fails, and the entire house mains cannot be connected there.
As shown in the image above, I have both a DC coupling and a balcony AC inverter connected to ACout1, and have configured them accordingly.
In normal operation ACout is physically connected to ACin so the frequency at ACout is never changed in any way. Excess energy at ACout (battery full) is then always fed into the grid. MPPT trackers CAN be regulated back in that case. Frequency shift only occurs if ACin is disconnected (ie if grid fails).
Also, do not take note of the ACout power in either VRM or the Remote Console. In VRM, ACout power is always shown as “0” when a solar inverter is present at ACout (Victron - please correct this!). In Remote Console, ACout power is shown but tends to flow in the wrong direction, as if your solar inverter is consuming power…
Only in VRM or also the console? Do you have an energy meter upstream of the PV inverter or does it communicate and integrate with the system like Fronius? I neither the you require an energy meter upstream of it with the role pv inverter.
In VRM it shows “0”. In the console the power is shown but the flow direction is wrong (like PV is consuming power). There is an upstream energy meter in my system, this is not integrated with Victron, but since the Multiplus measures the power perfectly, there is no need to show “consumed” power correctly but “generated” power as zero…