Feature request: Expose Smart Battery Sense temperature in Node-RED

I am using a Smart Battery Sense together with a Cerbo GX running Venus OS Large and Node-RED.

The Smart Battery Sense provides both battery voltage and battery temperature via Bluetooth/VE.Smart Networking. In my setup the temperature is used by other Victron devices, but it is not available as a measurement in Node-RED on the Cerbo GX.

It would be very useful if the Smart Battery Sense could be exposed as a device/service on the GX system, with battery temperature.

Ideally these values would be available through D-Bus and therefore also through the standard Victron Node-RED input nodes.

My use case is quite simple: I already collect data from the boat with Node-RED and send a status message remotely. I would like to include the actual battery temperature without installing a separate temperature sensor when the Smart Battery Sense is already measuring it.

At the moment I can see no way of selecting the Smart Battery Sense or its temperature value in the Victron Node-RED nodes.

Would it be possible to add native GX/Node-RED support for Smart Battery Sense measurements?

Have you tried the custom input node, this can often see more devices and measurements than the normal nodes. This is only a suggestion, I have no idea if it will work.

Thanks for the tip, but there is no path for that value

As far as I know, the SBS isn’t shown. It’s only visible in VictronConnect… I tried that too, but ended up solving it another way.