My EVCS 2.05 worked perfectly, connection to my iPhone with the latest iOS.
I noticed a new firmware 2 weeks ago, 2.08 and installed it. Everything still works, except for Bluetooth. If I try to connect with the VictronConnect app, the EVCS appears in the list, but when I try to connect the counter starts at 0% goes to 10 or 20%, then resets to 0%, and this loop continues.
As my EVCS is properly configured, working and can be connected via WiFi it’s not an urgent issue. But I would like to be able to reconnect via Bluetooth for emergency cases. Any ideas?
I removed the EVCS from the known devices in the iPhone Bluetooth settings. Then paired the EVCS again, that solved the problem.
To do that I had a secondary problem, the Bluetooth PIN code is needed, on a sticker inside the EVCS and I forgot to take a photo during the initial installation. So had to open de EVCS (all the screws), take a photo, close the EVCS again. During install, do not forget to take a photo of all those inside stickers !!
I both restarted the EVCS NS and my smartphone, but without success.
A downgrade to V2.05 didn’t help either.
I also performed a factory reset (keeping the WiFi- and admin-settings) but the EVCS is still not showing up in the list of (un)attached BT-devices.
Remove the EVCS from the list of known Bluetooth devices on your phone. Then search for new devices. But mind you, you will need the code printed on a sticker INSIDE the EVCS.
That is all I’ve done already, and the sticker is on my desk so no need for opening up the EVCS.
This morning I checked again, and for whatever reason the BT-connection is working and the unit is accessibel via VictronConnect.
Maybe the system needed a goodnight sleep.
Powercycled the EVCS 3x
Deleted all EVCS devices from my phone(bluetooth connections)
Can’t find it anywhere, not on victronconnect, both on pc and two phones, nor on my router.
No lights on the front of the device.
Also tried the hard reset by holding the button 15seconds. After updating to 2.08. I have tried updating to 2.08 before, but back then the bluetooth didn’t work, after downgrading to 2.05 and manually resetting the bluetooth pair it connected again.
And also checked if power/voltage still reached the evcs(it did)