question

kallenr avatar image
kallenr asked

ESS installation, AC loads not displayed correct

Hi,

I see that the solar panels are simply added to the AC load when the batteries are full.
What am I doing wrong?

, Multiplus 2 48V-5000 with Cerbo GX.
As Gridmeter I use the EM24 (3 phase grid)
to measure the solar panels I use the ET112 (mono phase inverter)

screenshot-20210815-162819-chrome.jpg

ESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

Is the PV inverter on the input or output of the multiplus? Also what phase is the PV inverter on?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
basil katakuzinos avatar image
basil katakuzinos answered ·

So i am guessing victron is on L1 and the PV on L2

Can you just confirm what side of the meter the PV is on?

This is from the ESS Manual

"When used to measure a PV Inverter, terminals 1, 2 and 3 should face the PV inverter to ensure correct direction of current and power. "

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kallenr avatar image
kallenr answered ·

@basil katakuzinos, the EM24 and ET112 direction is ok.
i think the problem is the ET112 must be on phase 1, it's now on phase 2 (de solar inverter is on phase2)
@shaneyake, The Victron inverter is olso on phase 2
because most appliances in the house are connected to that phase.

when I look at the meter I see that it indicates a value over phase 1,
however it is connected to phase 2 (just like the multiplus 2)

can't the assignment of an ET112 be set to phase 2 or phase 3?

1.png

why am i asking this?

because if you have a 3 mono phase inverter, they are usually distributed over the 3 phase.
I read somewhere that if you install 3x ET112 you can read the 3 inverters separately.
With an ET340 you see a combined power of the 3 inverters.

1.png (43.2 KiB)
2 |3000

tedr avatar image
tedr answered ·

Hi Kallenr,

Have you solved this problem? I have the same with my ESS System and three ET112 meters.

2 |3000

gesiima avatar image
gesiima answered ·

Hello,

I do have the same problem and change PV Inverter (EM112) and Multiplus to phase1. Grid with EM24.
Was both phase2 before.
Is there a posibility to define on what phase what device is?

I will add some new PV inverter maybe on phase2 for loadbalance. Whats the best way to get correct readings?

Regards

2 |3000