question

Scott avatar image
Scott asked

SmartSolar 150-45-Tr ProgRelay/Load output switches at half voltage set points

Re : Victron Smart Solar MPPT 150/45-Tr

The programmable relay in Load Output mode switches the programmable relay at half of the set threshold voltages, for both ON and OFF.

I have tried rebooting, resetting to defaults and re-programming. It is using the latest version firmware V3.02 which were updated via VictronConnect when initially powering up and programming.

The actual battery charge voltages appear to operate correctly as per their set points and the VictronConnect app is reporting the correct voltage in the status screen.

The Programmable relay is controlled by the PV voltage at the correct voltages if in Streetlight mode.

Battery voltage is set to 24V and all other settings appear to be correct, pics attached, please advise if you see a setting which might cause this issue ?

The same problem (Load Output switching at half the set threshold voltages) happens regardless of whether the Streetlight function is used or not.

e.g.1 :
Battery Voltage set to 24Vdc
Programmable Relay set to Load Output.
Load Output set to Conventional Alg1. (OFF 22.2V / ON 26.2V)

The Load Output only switches OFF (open) the programmable relay when the Battery voltage gets below 11.1V, and will switch the programmable relay ON again when the battery voltage gets above 13.1V (which is half the set point voltages).

I have run this test several times with different (custom) voltage set points and the Load Output always controls the Programmable relay at half the set threshold voltages (of battery volt).

Note : I am bench testing this controller before sending it to site using a variable regulated dc power supply to vary the Battery voltage, leaving for over 3 minutes at different voltages to see when the programmable relay (Load output) changes state, which is always at half the set points.

Does anyone else have the same issue ?

Regards

ScottR

img-2389-1.jpg

img-2382-5.jpg

img-2381-7.jpg

img-2380-6.jpg

img-2378-4.jpg

img-2377-3.jpg

img-2376-2.jpg

MPPT SmartSolar
img-2389-1.jpg (178.5 KiB)
img-2382-5.jpg (99.4 KiB)
img-2381-7.jpg (89.0 KiB)
img-2380-6.jpg (136.5 KiB)
img-2378-4.jpg (101.6 KiB)
img-2377-3.jpg (114.2 KiB)
img-2376-2.jpg (140.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Scott avatar image
Scott answered ·

I have another job using the same type of controller, SmartSolar MPPT 150-45Tr.

Same issue, Programmable Relay set as "Load output" switches at half of the "Load Output" Set point voltages (only for Load Output where it measures Battery Voltage, it switches at the correct setpoint voltages for PV voltage if using the StreetLight Function).

Controller was updated to latest versions during programming.

My Guess is that all of this model controller will have this issue.

Victron if you are reading this, you need to look at your firmware.

WARNING : for anyone using this controller expecting the programmable relay (when set to "Load Output") to operate from the "Load Output" settings, it will switch at half of the Set "Load Output" Voltages.

Your only solution will be to use a separate Battery Protect unit and use whatever (limited) settings are available in it.

Regards

ScottR

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.