question

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie asked

Control without grid meter or Grid meter installed, settings

In the Raspi CCGX Ver 2.30-8 menu only displays this setting Grid meter installed (on or off).

And in the manual is says, Control without grid meter, which is different and what revison is the change done under, which is the latest ? They are different in meaning how the system would operate with PV inverters.

ess settings lateset revison
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Rob, thanks for noticing.

v2.30~8 is a beta version; it’s not supposed to be aligned with the manuals.

Manuals are supposed to be aligned with the latest official version, v2.20.

However, I think the change you mention was done earlier already; I’ll have it checked and the manuals updated if necessary.

It’s still the same setting; only it’s title has changed; and meaning has been inverted.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

So what is says if a energy meter is installed turn on the grid meter? When i do that my display shows Critical loads and AC loads but no power is shown in the AC loads only the Critical loads is shown?

Which it should do as there is a internal current sensor which all current flows though so should show on the AC loads and Critical loads?
2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Just done a retest with the grid meter tuned on and off, Turned on it gets stuck in passthough mode and won't use the battery storage, with it is turned off, the battery storage works as it should normal ESS operation.

And only shows the AC loads Icon with all total power for AC and Critical loads, is this a normal operation for ESS.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic