question

remorafish avatar image
remorafish asked

Watts displayed when battery is full MPPT 75?

Newby question, I have MPPT 75 on a solar panel, do the watts displayed when battery is full and in float mode go down?. Ie does the controller reduce the watts displayed? Leisure is full, really bright sun reading 7w? Thanjs

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes, you should expect low solar yield when the battery is full and there are no loads on the battery. This is because there is nowhere for the power to go anymore.
If you put a load on the battery and there is sunshine, then you will notice the power increase to satisfy the load.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

remorafish avatar image remorafish commented ·
Thanks for info that’s what it is doing
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Even when a lead acid battery is full it will still let a very small current flow through it, yesterday i had no demand on my bank and after being on float for 12 hours the battery monitor was showing a constant 0.4 Amp and 5 Watt going into the battery.

2 |3000

jason-greenberg avatar image
jason-greenberg answered ·

I'm seeing the same thing, when the battery is full, my reporting is inconsistent.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

If younthink there's a problem, please start a new thread, giving battery details, charger screen shots and a clear description of what concerns you.

0 Likes 0 ·