question

alicia avatar image
alicia asked

MPPT 100/30 turns itself off at night and appears to completely drain the battery

Dual battery setup in caravan working fine until about a week ago. We left the car connected to the caravan and the fridge on battery while we went to the shops which may have had something to do with the problem.

The app now shows solar and battery current at 0.0A, 0wh yield. See below.

Caravan repair place advised we needed two new batteries which we replaced but issue is still occuring and don't know what to do from here.

img-9685.pngimg-9684.png

ESS
img-9684.png (148.7 KiB)
img-9685.png (166.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

i had move your answer in the corect section !

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

I'm not too sure the answer in some other language would help much!!!

1 comment
2 |3000

randy-putnam avatar image randy-putnam commented ·

It looks like (thanks to my High School French) that the question was submitted to the French site and Alicia is being advised to post it to the general question site. I also think there may be a loose connection somewhere, maybe after the batteries were replaced?

0 Likes 0 ·
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

can you send a screenshot of the battery seting ?

if it's an old firmwar version, may be when they change the batterys, the MPPT stayd in 24V mod ?

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

0V, 0W max and 0Wh is an indication that the MPPT don't have a connection to the battery.

Check all fuses, switches and connection between the MPPT and the battery.

It is a very common problem, we had this very often here in the community.

The search function should have show you some similar questions.

2 |3000