question

skillenes avatar image
skillenes asked

My smartsolar didnt start charging

My smartsolar 150/85 didnt start charging in the morning. I must turn off "charger enable" and turn it on again before the smartsolar start charging. PV voltage is aboat 70 volt and battery soc is about 80%. I have another smartsolar 100/30 in the same system but this operate perfectly. This have no happend the last two days, it have been istallaled a year ago and there have been no problem earlier.

MPPT SmartSolar
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Have you compared the history between your 2 mppt's?

Esp have a look at the battery min/max voltages.

0 Likes 0 ·
skillenes avatar image skillenes klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Yes, the battery min/max voltage are almost the same, the biggest differense is 0,03 volt at min voltage and 0,01 at max voltage. There are some differense in float/bulk time between the mppt, but they handdle pv panels on two different walls (south east and south west)

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ skillenes commented ·

Normally to reboot an mppt you would disconnect your pv array then the battery for a minute. Then reconnect the battery then the pv array.

Most problems with mppt's come from bad fuses or bad wiring/connectors.

0 Likes 0 ·
skillenes avatar image skillenes klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Ok I must try to reboot the mppt next time I go to my cottage. Wiring, connectors and fuses seems to be ok

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers