question

Endre Kiss avatar image
Endre Kiss asked

ESS AC coupled

Dear all,

I own the following system now: 14 x 320Wp solar panels in two strings connected to a Grid Fit inverter, UNO-DM-4.6-TL-PLUS. It is upgraded with an energy meter type: REACT-MTR-1PH, and an RS485 communication kit for the inverter. So far I can throttle the feed energy into the grid.

Having the fact that our house hold takes about an average energy of 10kWh/day despite the fact that the produced energy peaks up at 30kWh in sunny days and 7kWh in shaded days there is a relevant gap of energy which would be stored in an ESS. Second reason is financial, as the electrical energy it cost in Romania when is bought about 0.15€/kWh and if sold to the grid company for only 0.038€/kWh, so about one quarter. The goal is obvious therefore, first feed the household when there is enough PV energy secondly charge the battery without charging from the grid and charging with the excess energy produced by the grid tie inverter and last but not least do a peak load shaving and feed the household from the battery inverter. Some additional remarks feed in is allowed but ONLY when household loads are satisfied and battery is completely charged (only from the grid tie inverter).

So here is the plan, add an AC coupled Victron MultiPlus II 48/3000 35A and a LiFePo 16S 48V battery with 200Ah capacity.

Here are my questions:

• Is there any technical discrepancy in my goal description?
  • Can I use the existing Energy meter with Multiplus || (RS485 interface ModBUS protocol)? - or is mandatory to use the Victron provided one.
  • In the MultiPlus assistant can I set the Inverter to VDE0126 grid code? If yes what kind of password it does request, by whom must be provided?
  • I'm planning to have a second generation MultiPlus as far as I know it is GX compatible so I suppose I do not need a Cerbo GX.

Thank you, Endre

ESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

popnic avatar image popnic commented ·
Hello Endre, did you go further with your plan?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers