question

brianor avatar image
brianor asked

MPPT 150/85 Tr VE.Can Sizing

Hallo,

I currently have a Victron MPPT 150/85 Tr VE.Can connected to 9 JA PV panels of 380W in a 3x3 configuration. I would like to expand the system by adding 3 panels and used the Victron Calculator to determine as per the screenshot below.

Question: Though the calculator shows configuration as accepted in a 3S4P connection, it provides a warning of Power Limiting at Low Temperatures. Will this impact the overall efficiency of system considering I live in a generally warm climate with temperatures rarely below freezing point (usually winter low temp will be between 5-10 degrees).

Are there any risks/issues I should consider prior to doing so?

Thanks

screenshot-2021-05-18-193822.png

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@BrianOR

No problem with that set up at all.

The power limiting at low temperature is just that, the 85A max output of your mppt. The unit will sort itself out with no issues. The calculator will tell you in red when things are unacceptable., I don't see that here so all is good.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brianor avatar image brianor commented ·

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·