question

xavier-redondo avatar image
xavier-redondo asked

MPPT 100/50 dead, no warranty ?!

Hello,

My MPPT controler solar charger look like dead.

It work on bluetooth, but do not send any power to my battery.

Perhaps the charging part is dead.

My dealer say he can't do nothing, but I read in many website, there is many protections on this product, surcharge, polarity inversion, etc, so I don't know why my product can't be check by the warranty ?

A video explaining my problem (I'm french)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNOjRQek8gA

My dealer said me to purchase a new one, so actually I use an another one from another company since I think that's not normal to have warranty and I'm really sad about how Victron protect they product and warranty conditions.

Since this problem with the first product of Victron, I changed all my plan and switched my order list to another company since I don't know what the bennefit to work with Victron, pay more than other, and don't have any plus value in warranty.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Try to use this form:

https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

Victron then will contact your dealer.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michelg avatar image michelg commented ·

He clearly stated HE did a mistake with the polarity connection to the battery. So, too easy to put the fault on Victron products and dealers.

0 Likes 0 ·
myshopsolaire avatar image myshopsolaire commented ·

Hello,

We did not refuse to help him and that is not what he says.
Mr Xavier-redondo has reversed the polarity on the battery side, as he says himself, and this cannot be repaired. His request was submitted at the end of September 2020 and the refusal of the guarantee does not suit him, here is the result.
As you know, this type of damage is not covered as it is the result of improper handling of the MPPT.

Jeremy - @MyShopSolaire

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@MichelG and @MyShopSolaire

I didn't watch the video because I don't understand france and he didn't wrote anything that he connected the battery in reverse.

So I only could respond to the information's he gave us in english text.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

A video explaining my problem (I'm french)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNOjRQek8gA

Pardon my bluntness, WTF?

Your video is 8 1/2 months old, and shows your mppt has not been wired up correctly.

Google translate works ok with text (not at all with videos though), so perhaps you could describe what your problem is?

2 |3000

michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Bonjour Xavier ! Vous vous moquez de qui ? Dans les explications de votre vidéo vous dites clairement que VOUS vous êtes trompé dans le câblage ! Je VOUS cite :

"J'ai donc contacté mon vendeur, MyShopSolaire, car Victron ne fait pas de SAV (oui oui, pas de SAV, débrouillez vous avec ceux qui vous on vendu le produit, c'est clairement dit sur leur site), et le verdict à était confirmé. Pas de SAV possible, c'est ma faute car j'ai probablement dû inverser la polarité + / - de ma batterie vers le MPPT et il n'existe aucune protection contre ça ... Coté panneau solaire c'est protégé, vous pouvez inverser la polarité mais pas coté batterie. C'est d'ailleurs la seule exclusion de garantie chez Victron."

Donc vous commettez une erreur, et comme la réponse du revendeur n'est pas en votre faveur vous vous défilez de votre responsabilité et critiquez les produits Victron ! Belle mentalité !

mppt-victron.jpg

mppt-victron.jpg (318.2 KiB)
2 |3000

myshopsolaire avatar image
myshopsolaire answered ·

*English version below*

Bonjour,

Les appareils de Victron sont munis de nombreux éléments de protection mais il n'est pas possible d'empêcher les dégâts d'une inversion de polarité, un fusible n'y fera rien.
La garantie protège les utilisateurs d’un défaut du produit indépendant de votre volonté et non pas suite à une mauvaise utilisation du produit.
Il en est de même pour toute les garanties, que ce soit Victron, votre voiture ou même votre habitation. C'est ce que l'on appelle la responsabilité.

Vous indiquez vous même avoir effectué une inversion aux bornes batteries.
Par ailleurs, votre vidéo ne montre rien puisque votre MPPT n'est pas correctement branché.

Pourquoi attendre huit mois pour effectuer votre demande ici ?

De manière générale, lorsque un de nos clients endommage un produit suite à une mauvaise manipulation, nous proposons un tarif préférentiel voir même un prix coutant afin de ne pas profiter de la situation et aider à la résolution au mieux. Dans votre cas, je ne trouve même pas de demande de SAV et nous ne comprenons pas cette publication.

N'hésitez pas à nous contacter pour toute question,

Bien à vous,

Jérémy @Myshop Solaire - Responsable SAV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

The Victron devices are equipped with many protection elements but it is not possible to prevent the damage of a polarity inversion, a fuse will not do anything.
The warranty protects users from a product defect beyond your control and not from misuse of the product.
The same applies to all warranties, whether it is Victron, your car or even your home. This is called liability.

You yourself indicate that you have reversed the MPPT's battery terminals.
Moreover, your video shows nothing since your MPPT is not correctly wired.

Why wait eight months to make your claim here?

In general, when one of our customers damages a product due to a bad manipulation, we propose a preferential rate or even a cost price in order not to take advantage of the situation and to help solve it as well as possible. In your case, I can't even find a request for after sales service and we don't understand this publication.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any question,

Kind regards,

Jérémy @Myshop Solaire - After Sales Manager

2 |3000