question

aimee avatar image
aimee asked

MPPT 100/30 and Victron Connect battery reading 100% and 10.89 V and MPpT now flashing bulk

I have MPPT 100/30 and Victron connect shunt with a battleborn lithium 100 amp battery. I diagramed my system same as Farout ride but only have one panel and battery; much smaller system. Last night, entire system dies including connect reader. sun came up today and I have power again but mppt was in float saying batter 100% charge and volts only at 10.89. Victron connect says same thing. Voltmeters as well, 10.89. I tried resetting the mppt and shunt by disconnecting solar, then battery to solar, then negative to shunt. Hooked all back up now MPPT is flashing bulk blue light. I am a novice. Yesterday it was 80 degrees out. Obviously the battery is not charging. Any suggestions?

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hooked all back up now MPPT is flashing bulk blue light

When the blue Bulk led blinks, the pv input is to low. Check the pv voltage at the mppt's pv terminals.

There is a brand new Smartsolar MPPT_100_30-50 manual read the fault finding section page 34.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.