question

mstealth22 avatar image
mstealth22 asked

2x SmartSolar Charger VE.Can 150/70 mixing rev2 \ rev0(or rev1)

TLDR;

Questions:

Will I have any issues mixing the rev1 and rev2 here?

Will there be any support differences, feature or otherwise? They appear to be running the same firmware version after I upgraded.
What are the changes between these two hardware versions? If so, and using on two different arrays would one be better than the other in a particular use?

Small back story:

I ordered 2 SmartSolar Charger VE.Can 150/70 about 1 week apart as I ended up scaling my solar panel order. First one came as a Rev2 and I installed, other box looked identical, and I confirmed basic model on the outside, but didn't open it for more than a month. Finished installed it recently and when I bought it online it was not a Rev2 device.

It seems to be performing fine, and joined the smart network, and sync'd charging. I'm about to swap out old inverter for my newly arrived 48v MultiPlus II 3K, switching into VE.Can, and finish off my build.

Questions: Will I have any issues mixing the Rev1 and Rev2 here? Will there be any support differences? They appear to be running the same firmware version after I upgraded.

Devices show up as below.

Device description                Product Id      Id        InstalledLatest    Updatable
SmartSolar Charger VE.Can 150/70A102    /dev/ttyUSB3v3.05    v3.05     Up to date
SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 150/70 rev2A10C    /dev/ttyUSB0v3.05    v3.05     Up to date

Thanks,

>>>>>Michael

MPPT SmartSolar
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mstealth22 avatar image mstealth22 commented ·

Anyone have further insight on the actual differences between the first and second Rev?

Will I get into a strange area with these two mixed, in VE.Can mode when I wrap up my install? I'm just a few weeks away from finishing the 48v swap, MultiPlus 3K 120v in here on hand ready for DC input.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I cant see any Issue myself its just different firmware thats all,

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mstealth22 avatar image mstealth22 commented ·

Thanks for your response. Firmware is showing the same version on each, but different hardware rev.

The things I'm noticing now after having this online for a few weeks, is

1) You can't import or share configs between the two. This is unfortunate, as I'd prefer to make settings changes and push them to both devices, rather than edit twice.
2) Not sure exactly, but the both appear to be a little jumpy around the bulk, absorb, float points, like they each don't trigger the same when in synchronized mode.

Does anyone know what's different between the two hardware revisions? It seems more ideal, to get 2 of the same rev, so I may look to resell the rev0 and pickup a new rev2.

0 Likes 0 ·